New to Blogging

So, I am a mom of 2 & work full time. Sometimes it's not easy to find the money to do fun things with the kids. That's when I realized that I don't have to. I have found plenty of things to do with the kids that we all enjoy without spending alot of money. I wish I would have found some of these places sooner but we are enjoying them now. As the kids and I go about on our adventures I am going to blog about the good times we have had and hope that you to will be able to go out and enjoy some as well. Whether it is a walk in the park or a trip to Dutch Wonderland I hope to help you find some inexpensive things to do in this weak economy. Have fun reading my blog and enjoy life with your family!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Home Depot - Kids Workshop




As a former employee of Home Depot (I worked there when I was 18), I used to assist kids doing these projects. They are similar to the projects done at Lowe's but also different. I can remember taking my little brother to these clinics when they were under 10 (they are now 23, 21, & 19).

Home Depot offers these clinics for kids the first Saturday of every month and like the Lowe's projects they are also free. Your children will get a free apron and after completing a project they will receive a pin to put on their apron.

These clinics are also free and you can find out the dates ad times as well as what craft is going to be built by going to their website http://www.homedepot.com/ and typing in "Kids Workshops" in the search field.

Projects coming up include a School Bus Pencil Organizer (Aug. 7th) and a Football Display (Sept. 4th).

When it is fire prevention month the Home Depot in my neighborhood will usually build a Fire Truck and also have the local Fire Company out to let the kids see what a real Fire Truck looks like up close. They have also given out Fire Prevention Coloring books for the kids.

My kids have a great time at these clinics and we try to get to them all. Sometimes life makes it hard to do the things we love, but because this does not cost a thing and money is tight, I do my best to get the kids to every clinic. They see some of their friends there too, because we are at the local store.
The employees are always friendly and eager to help when your child with their project. This comes in handy when you have more then one child and both need help. Then little hammers they supply for the kids to use are just perfect for their little hands!
So, check them out and get building!!

No comments:

Post a Comment