New to Blogging

So, I am a mom of 2 & work full time. Sometimes it's not easy to find the money to do fun things with the kids. That's when I realized that I don't have to. I have found plenty of things to do with the kids that we all enjoy without spending alot of money. I wish I would have found some of these places sooner but we are enjoying them now. As the kids and I go about on our adventures I am going to blog about the good times we have had and hope that you to will be able to go out and enjoy some as well. Whether it is a walk in the park or a trip to Dutch Wonderland I hope to help you find some inexpensive things to do in this weak economy. Have fun reading my blog and enjoy life with your family!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania







So, again I had heard about the Morris Arboretum but had never been until I was given a membership from a relative for my birthday. Memberships are not "cheap" but if you go alot you get your money's worth. The single day admission is not expensive at all (or at least I don't think it is)

If your children are daring and do not mind heights, they will love the "Out on a Limb" Tree Adventure! They will see what it is like to be a squirrel by being 50 feet up among the trees! There is a huge birds nest with giant robins eggs, or they can scramble onto the netting between the trees!

If you are planning on walking the trails as well, get your "Passport to Tree Adventure" when you first get there (free). It includes a map of the Arboretum, as well as Educational information for kids (and adults). There is a special place for you to stamp your passport as you visit the different stations show on the map. When you are done, head to the gift shop where your kids will receive a "special prize" (a pin) for the completion of the passport.

You will not only get some great excercise while walking the trails, but you will see some interesting things along the way! Besides the adventure in the trees, there is a Rose Garden, Sculptures, and a Garden Railway!

The Railway recently had a Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends weekend. My son loved playing with these trains when he was younger. They will also be having a Circus Week at the railway August 28th-September 6th. If your child is even remotely interested in trains he/she will enjoy seeing these trains!

They also will be having Childrens Concerts in August including music by "Cool Beans" & "Miss Amy". It looks to be a great time and I can't wait to take my kids to these concerts!

You can visit their website to get more information about hours & pricing as well as upcoming events at: http://www.morrisarboretum.org/
So get your kids off their gaming systems and head outside for some adventure in nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment